8 Days From Marrakech to Merzouga Desert
Morocco has a diverse range of beaches, offering a variety of different experiences for tourists. Some of the best beaches in Morocco include: Agadir Beach: Located on the Atlantic coast in the city of Agadir, this long stretch of sandy beach is popular with tourists…
Morocco has a diverse range of beaches, offering a variety of different experiences for tourists. Some of the best beaches in Morocco include:
- Agadir Beach: Located on the Atlantic coast in the city of Agadir, this long stretch of sandy beach is popular with tourists and locals alike. It offers a range of amenities, including sun loungers, parasols, and water sports rentals.
- Sidi Kaouki Beach: Located south of Essaouira, this beach is known for its strong Atlantic waves, which make it a popular spot for surfers. It also offers a more peaceful and secluded atmosphere than some of the busier beaches in Morocco.
- Plage Blanche: Located near the town of Taghazout, this beach is known for its beautiful white sands and clear waters. It is a popular spot for surfing, and also offers a range of accommodation options for tourists.
- Oualidia Beach: Located on the Atlantic coast, this beach is known for its beautiful lagoon and oyster beds. It is a peaceful and relaxing destination, with a range of accommodation options and activities available.
- Legzira Beach: Located near the town of Sidi Ifni, this beach is known for its towering red sandstone cliffs and arches. It is a popular spot for photography and is also a good spot for swimming and sunbathing.
These are just a few examples of the many beautiful beaches that Morocco has to offer. Other popular destinations include the beaches of Rabat, Casablanca, and Tetouan, as well as the Mediterranean coast.
Can you swim at the beaches in Morocco?
Yes, it is generally possible to swim at the beaches in Morocco. Many of the beaches in Morocco have warm water and are suitable for swimming, particularly during the summer months. However, it is always a good idea to check the local conditions and advisories before swimming, as some beaches may have strong currents or other hazards that can make swimming dangerous.
It is also worth noting that Moroccan beaches may have different customs and traditions than those in other countries. In some cases, it may be more appropriate to wear modest clothing, such as a shirt and pants, when swimming or sunbathing. It is always a good idea to respect local customs and traditions when visiting a new place.
How far is it from Marrakech to the beach?
The distance from Marrakech to the nearest beach depends on which beach you are planning to visit. Marrakech is located inland, so you will need to travel to the coast in order to reach a beach. Here are the distances to some popular beach destinations from Marrakech:
- Agadir: Agadir is the closest major beach destination to Marrakech, and it is located about 250 kilometers (155 miles) to the west of the city. The drive from Marrakech to Agadir takes about 3-4 hours by car.
- Essaouira: Essaouira is a popular beach destination located about 200 kilometers (124 miles) west of Marrakech. The drive from Marrakech to Essaouira takes about 2-3 hours by car.
- Sidi Kaouki: Sidi Kaouki is a beach located south of Essaouira, and it is about 215 kilometers (133 miles) from Marrakech. The drive from Marrakech to Sidi Kaouki takes about 2-3 hours by car.
- Oualidia: Oualidia is a beach located about 200 kilometers (124 miles) southwest of Marrakech. The drive from Marrakech to Oualidia takes about 2-3 hours by car.
- Legzira: Legzira is a beach located near the town of Sidi Ifni, which is about 280 kilometers (174 miles) southwest of Marrakech. The drive from Marrakech to Legzira takes about 4-5 hours by car.
These are just a few examples of the many beach destinations that are located within driving distance of Marrakech. There are also many other beautiful beaches along the Moroccan coast that can be reached by car or public transportation.
best sunbathing beaches in morocco,morocco beaches,hottest beach in morocco,best beaches in marrakech,best places to visit in morocco,best beaches morocco mediterranean,agadir beach,paradise beach asilah
Included5 Star AccommodationAirport TransfersBreakfastPersonal Guide
Not IncludedDeparture TaxesEntry Fees
It was a good trip and certainly a nice getaway from hot and busy Marrakech. The town is beautiful with a nice beach and a few tasty restaurants to visit (we recommend Chez Sayef). The downside is 3 stops on the way to Essaouira, 2 of which are clearly commercial. The goats are placed on the trees just for the sake of the photos and you’re chased by the locals for some change if you take a picture. It’s interesting to see but a major tourist trap and really sad to see the goats struggle on the trees. Shortly before our destination, we visited an argan oil shop and “factory” – we got a tour around and then we were pressured to buy something although the shop is very overpriced. The guide was upset that we didn’t buy a soap… We wished we had more time in the town itself instead of losing time on these tourist traps. We had just enough time to walk arouns but not enough for a swim in the see for example.
Beautiful adventure! The tour is organised really well. The staff who takes care of you are fantastic. Recommend it…